Cassie and Sully

Cassie and Sully
Aw! Aren't they cute together?

Brrr!

Brrr!
Sully enjoying the snow

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
Sully in his vest and Gentle Leader

Sully and the vacuum

Sully and the vacuum
Okay, so he's not so good with chores.

Getting Bigger!

Getting Bigger!
Such a handsome boy!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

I'm Baaaaaack!

Well. I guess I have proven one thing. Blogs are not my "thing". In fact, I had entirely forgotten that I HAD a blog, until I was falling asleep the other night. I have lots of strange thoughts just as I'm falling asleep. Just ask my husband. SO! I'm not going to catch up all the things that Sully has been doing since the last time I posted. But, I've decided to do a little bit every day. Really. No! Really!

I can tell you that Sully is nearly full grown - he's nine and a half months old and weighs about 66 lbs. The top of his head is about 3 inches above the top of the dining room table when he's sitting down.

This week, we're learning how to untangle our paws from the leash. That will become "fix it".

We're also learning the beginnings of "over". We're supposed to set up some kind of barrier for the dog to jump over, and as they do, click and treat. Sully is so big that nearly everything I've set up he merely steps over. Or, in the case of my aerobic step (which I thought was a GREAT idea!) he steps on it, then over it. But he knew I wanted him to do something, because I had the treats and the clicker....so he would get on it, look at me. Nope, that wasn't it. How about, get half on, half off? Nope. How about....lay down on it? Poor guy. He was trying! Finally, I figured out that he'll jump over it if he's going fast enough. Which means I run full tilt through the kitchen with him right on my heels, trying to click as I watch behind me. It's very fun, if you're a dog. And pretty aerobic for the trainer!

Well, more tomorrow. No! Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment