Cassie and Sully

Cassie and Sully
Aw! Aren't they cute together?

Brrr!

Brrr!
Sully enjoying the snow

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
Sully in his vest and Gentle Leader

Sully and the vacuum

Sully and the vacuum
Okay, so he's not so good with chores.

Getting Bigger!

Getting Bigger!
Such a handsome boy!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Blog FAIL!

I've decided I'm a terrible blogger. I looked at the date of my last post - Sully has practically quadrupled in size since then! So much happens in such a short period of time! I can't keep up. But, here I am. I'll try to get better!

As I said, Sully has grown. A LOT. He's now just under 30 lbs. His puppy fuzz is gone. His baby teeth are falling out. He's dating. (Just kidding. Wanted to see if you were paying attention.)

He still has one of his behaviors from when he was tiny. He "sneaks". He goes out of my sight, then when I go to find him, I duck behind something so he can't see me. Then, he goes into stealth dog mode. Very slowly, head down, he creeeeeps up to me, and POUNCES! He's very gentle - the pounces are quite tiny and barely clear the ground - so I'm not discouraging it. We also play a form of hide and seek, which he loves. I toss a treat into another room, then scurry in the opposite direction, hiding quickly. He nabs the treat, then comes looking for me - he knows I have another treat! This game is part of his "homework". It teaches him that being with me and coming to me is a positive thing.

He's got a pack. A blue one, with the Helping Paws logo. He puts it on, with the cue "get dressed!" He's starting to develop the "get undressed" behavior, by backing out of it when I lift it up. He sits and waits on command. We're working on "drop". (Laying down). He retrieves and "gives" the object.

When he wags, he uses his whole body.

His feet are still enormous.

He has an electric toothbrush. (The disposable kind. Not the expensive, recharging kind..) Loves it.

He leans. On walls, the sides of his kennel, the interior of the car, your leg. He's a leaner.

Well, I'll try to update again soon. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment