Cassie and Sully

Cassie and Sully
Aw! Aren't they cute together?

Brrr!

Brrr!
Sully enjoying the snow

Big Boy!

Big Boy!
Sully in his vest and Gentle Leader

Sully and the vacuum

Sully and the vacuum
Okay, so he's not so good with chores.

Getting Bigger!

Getting Bigger!
Such a handsome boy!

Sunday, May 16, 2010

The name game

Well, we've been struggling a bit with a name for the puppy. At first, his litter name, Finnegan, seemed like a good one. Then, I thought of a perfect name - Sully! Short for Sullivan. But, alas - there is a Sally in his class, and it would be too confusing. Today, he's Henry. It works for him, and he's been responding to it pretty well. Hopefully, this is it! The poor dog's name changes on an hourly basis!

We had another good night last night. He went to sleep with not a lot of fussing. He woke at 4:30 or so, and went right away when we went outside. The best part was that he fell back to sleep with just a couple of whimpers. He whined at 5:30 - I took him out and then thought I'd see what would happen if he went back in his kennel. He whined and cried briefly, and then fell back to sleep! Hooray! Of course, I was awake at that point. I decided to be proactive and wake HIM up at 6, before he started to fuss.

He scarfed his kibble and then pooped in the RUN!! Whoo-hoo! He has been reluctant to go anywhere but on grass. Since he needs to be able to relieve himself on multiple surfaces, on and off leash, this was a big step!

Today, I'll be purchasing some gates. Henry is becoming very curious about his surroundings and finds chair legs tasty. So far, I've been able to keep him away from the piano, but it is very tempting to him. If he were to chomp on that, I think his name would be changed again...to something much less appropriate.

Well, I have a few moments while he power naps. Better shower and get dressed while I have the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment